As a Coach you it may prove beneficial to consider the following questions:
1. Have you ever been stressed by or had difficulty working with your athletes, their parents, or your administration?
2. Has your team ever not lived up to your expectations in terms of their ability to play well together and perform under pressure?
3. Have you had difficulty motivating certain athletes or even an entire team to play consistently?
4. Have you had difficulty consistently reaching the goals you set for your team?
5. Have you ever wondered why your athletes respond as they do during practices and competitions?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then you could benefit from having one of our sport psychology consultants work with you and your team. Specifically, we can help you:
- Develop positive relationships with your athletes, their parents, your staff, and
- Create an environment where your athletes can excel in sport and life
- Improve your leadership and team management skills
- Help you build strong, cohesive teams that consistently reach their performance goals
- Develop and maintain an ethical coaching philosophy
Regardless of the level at which you coach – from youth, to select, to high school, to college, to the elite/professional – we understand that you play a primary role in athletes’ development on and off the field. Thus, we are here to assist you in developing not only the athlete, but the person as well.
For more information on our sport psychology services for coaches, visit our services page. In addition to our direct services, we offer a variety of free resources, including access to all of our Sport Psychology Newsletters and our Performance Notes.
If you would like to learn more about eating disorders and how to create a positive, healthy training environment for female athletes, we encourage you to consider the following two resources:
- Physical and Psychological Health of Female Collegiate Gymnasts and Swimmers
- National Eating Disorders Association Coach & Trainer Toolkit